2013–2014 'LEADERSHIP ROWAN'
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM “Broadening the Vision”
Leadership Rowan is designed to prepare committed and qualified individuals to assume leadership roles in the community. The program will provide an opportunity for participants to learn about the needs of the community and meet individuals responsible for providing services to meet these needs. Communities which will thrive and prosper in the next century will need dedicated leaders with new ideas to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Goal : To prepare committed and qualified individuals to assume leadership roles in the community and to further enhance the abilities of existing leaders.
- Identify and select highly motivated potential and existing leaders to participate in the leadership development program.
- Systematically examine and challenge the participants to respond to the needs of the community as well as to the dynamics of social and economic change.
- Encourage an espirit de corps among the participants which will provide common ground for working together on present or future community issues.
- Create dialogue and a sense of teamwork between the participants and existing community leadership.
- Identify organizational and individual opportunities for community involvement and assist in the placement of participants.
Expectations of Participants:
· Attend an opening reception and dinner on a Thursday in August 8, 2013.
· Attend a mandatory orientation retreat on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August 9, 10 & 11, 2013
· Attend nine (9) sessions Sept-May (Third Thursday of each month.)
· A commitment for the entire day (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) is expected of all participants.
· Attend evening graduation dinner on the Third Thursday in May, 2014
· The commitment to read, work in small groups and participate in discussion is expected of all participants including homework.
· A tuition fee of $700 for Chamber members and $750 for non-members is due by July 31, 2013.
· Graduates of the Leadership Rowan Program are required to be active participants in planning a session the following year including attendance the entire day.